Metro released the new train timetable this afternoon (Monday). The timetable is even worse than we thought. It contains significant cuts to the Altona Loop train services.
We're taking immmediate action with a community protest and press conference tomorrow morning (Tuesday!)
WHEN: 8:30am Tuesday 29th March
WHERE: Altona Station, cnr Pier and Railway St, Altona.
All local residents and supporters are encouraged to attend.
The impacts of proposed changes include:
- A journey from Altona to the city, which currently takes 30 minutes on one train, will take up to 50 minutes under the new timetable and may require three separate trains
- A journey from Altona to the Mercy Hospital (Hoppers Crossing station) which now takes 13 minutes on one train, will more than double under the new timetable taking up to 31 minutes and require travelling on two trains
- We've lost direct access to the city loop
- We've lost express trains
- We've lost direct trains to the Werribee Line
- Reduced frequency from 20 mins to 22 minutes in peak period
- A train "shuttle" during off-peak periods instead of direct trains
REMINDER: The Altona Loop community meeting is 7:30pm Tuesday 29th March (tomorrow night!) at Altona RSL Function Room. Come and get invovled in community action on the proposed Altona Loop train cuts.
p.s. Don't forget to send an email to the pollies and Metro.